All you need is 5 minutes to strengthen your abs and build a stronger core. Take a look as I demonstrate 4 exercises you can do at home!
First Exercise – For the Lower Abs
- Lay flat on ground (or Bosu ball) and support your head with your hands.
- Lift one leg and reach your opposite elbow to your raised leg. The leg that is not lifted should be bent so foot is on the ground for support.
- Lower the leg and elbow.
- Repeat and do 15 seconds each side.
Second Exercise – For the Obliques.
- Lay on one side, rest your arm in front of you and your other arm supporting the back of your head. Your legs should be stacked.
- At the same time, lift your upper body towards your legs, and your legs toward your upper body. Then release them both back down to the floor.
- Keep body in a straight line.
- Do 30 seconds on each side.
Third Exercise – For the Lower Abs
- Lay flat on your back, hands supporting the back of your head, legs lifted and perpendicular to the floor.
- Drop your legs down until hoovering over the floor, and then lift up to starting position.
- Drop your legs down to your right until hoovering, and then lift up to starting position.
- Drop your legs down to your left until hoovering, and the lift up to starting position.
- Do this repetition for 30 seconds. Make sure to keep your lower back on the floor.
Fouth Exercise – For the Lower Abs
- Lay flat on the on your back with your hands supporting the back of your head.
- Lift your shoulders off the ground to begin engaging the abs.
- Lift your legs until hoovering over the floor.
- Begin to flutter kick your feet above the floor. Kick them to about a 45 degree angle.
- Do for 30 seconds. If you can only do 15 seconds, pause and bring your knees to your chest with your shoulders still off the ground. Rest for 5 seconds and finish the seconds half.
Do entire circuit twice to reach 5 minutes. If you feel pain in your back in any of these exercises, please stop to prevent injury. Feel free to consult with me on your form for any strengthening and/or stretching exercises.
By Dr. Dana Laridaen, D.C.
Need a Santa Monica Chiropractor? Consider a chiropractic visit to see me on Ocean Park Blvd. in Santa Monica.
For more information visit our website and profile on Google+.